Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Golden Speed

I'd driven 395 Kilometres of a 408 kilometre journey, then: entrance (stage/car) right!
Bang!
There was just a moment when I could see it looking in my direction with a kind of "that's very weird" look on its face. Then it was sucked under the car. Kaboomumumumumumum, rolling under the car.
I hitched the final thirteen kilometres into town and got a tow truck driver for the car.
"Mate", he says to me, "you were goin too slow."
"I was doing about ninety" I said
"Too slow. My missus has hit a few doin ninety, and I know people doin 120 and 130 hit em. But you go at 100 and you never hit em. Never. Guaranteed. I've told the wife that. If you're goin less than 100 they catch up to you, if you're goin faster you catch up to them".
I forgot to ask if that was specific to Eastern Grey's or whether it holds true for Reds as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger lynn said...

I reckon Reds would be quicker ...

(also, and this is a note about how I read the piece - the "entrance car right" bit makes sense logically, but my brain got confused and thought a car was entering from the right, not a roo. I don't know if it'd be worth re-writing. Maybe if the piece is included in a larger piece about stage folk then it'd make quicker sense to me.)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home